Title / Position
Field Technical Support and Commercial Representative
Region of responsibility:
Primary Region: Netherlands
Secondary: Travel across Europe and United Kingdom.
Manager of Technical Support, and Manager of Sales.
BT9's is a cold-chain monitoring company. It's Xsense(r) supply-chain tracking platform offers a full-stack solution for monitoring the transport of perishable goods, addressing an industry where food waste amounts to tens of billions of dollars. Using inexpensive, durable, wireless sensor tags to monitor perishables and communications infrastructure to transfer information from the sensors to the cloud, BT9 enables customers to monitor the status of perishable goods in real-time or off-line, allowing them to make sense of large quantities of data and to obtain a holistic view of the supply chain's progress and problems.
BT9 is looking for a full-time technician or engineer to work as a contractor servicing customers, and selling to and developing new customers. Customers are typically, but not limited to, in the food handling business, such as importers and producers, where temperature and environmental control is paramount. Candidates must be able to create and build relationships with customers and prospects. In addition, one must be able to perform basic, moderately complex and complex troubleshooting, be able to engage customers on a professional level, and must have an ability to sell. One must be able to show initiative, work independently and explain/understand product offerings to our customers and be willing to learn and keep up with technology. About half of ones time may be spent at customer sites.
THIS IS A MIXED FIELD AND HOME OFFICE POSITION ON A CONTRACTOR BASIS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the promotion, sales and marketing of the Xsense® System.
• Sell to existing and new customers within region.
• Provide remote on-line technical support for Xsense® System for customers worldwide.
• Prepare and submit monthly reports to BT9 management regarding services provided.
• Pay and recover taxes on imported goods.
• Responsible for control and return of local assets and inventory
• Work with and coordinate activities with the relevant "Post Sales" personnel, including:
o Customer support and customer care
o Training and implementation
o Complaints and technical issues and follow-ups
o Customer activity follow-up
• Work with 2nd level Support staff to accurately document software issues
• Perform maintenance and component level service of systems hardware.
• Early morning, evening, or weekend work may be required at times. Able to work flexible hours when needed.
• Accept and deliver all service calls assigned within the established service level agreements
• Keep thorough and up to date notes on all existing and target accounts
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensuring that they are communicated and implemented within the team
• Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
• Additional requirements may exist if offer is extended
• Require a minimum of 1 year Outside Sales Experience.
• B2B sales experience selling skills, a plus
• Bachelors degree or equivalent.
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Possess excellent customer service skills
• Ability to plan effective customer calls
• Field experience or willingness to learn with startup and commissioning installations; software troubleshooting and configuration skills
• Must be able to build and maintain customer relationships
• Understanding of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel as required, 60% of time on road vs. being at home
• Bilingual English and Dutch Speaking is preferred; Spanish, Portuguese and French are nice to have.
• Must be able to work in inclement environments, at heights, and be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
• Hardware and software knowledge
• Windows / PC / Networking experience
• Electronics / electrical experience a plus
• Ability to drive yourself to client locations and to drive long distances
• Valid driver's license with a clean MVR
• Have reliable transportation with valid registration and adequate insurance
• Ability to pass pre-employment agility test at hire and every 3 years thereafter
• Must have daily access to an internet capable computer and printer
Apply for Field Technical Support and Commercial Representative
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.