ISWA – The International Solid Waste Association – is an international, independent and non-profit association, working in the public interest to promote and develop sustainable and professional waste and resource management as well as circular economy worldwide. ISWA is currently searching for a Financial Manager. The job will be based in ISWA’s current headquarters in central Vienna, Austria, until the end of 2019 and from then onwards in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, the future location of ISWA`s headquarter.
We are looking for a dedicated and detail oriented Financial Manager to join our international team. This position provides financial support which will include but will not be limited to processing expenses and outgoing invoices, putting together monthly accounting binders and reconciling monthly finances and overseeing all accounting and budgeting for the year. The candidate will support ISWA and ISWA GmbH (a small company under the Association) with internal and external audits as well as support the liquidation of the two Austrian entities and the build-up of a respective organisational structure in the Netherlands during the relocation of the Association to the Netherlands.
The candidate must be highly self-motivated, with strong attention to detail and extensive accounting and finance experience. The ideal candidate should be an excellent communicator as the Financial Manager will need to lead the office in Financial matters and communicate the finances to multiple stakeholders including our members, the General Secretariat, and Board of Directors.
This is a full-time position to replace a team member going out on maternity leave, working 40 hours per week. Our goal is to allow for one to two months of overlap and training with the current Financial Manager. The contract will run initially for 12 months with the option of extension.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The core tasks of the job include support and assistance for the following tasks:
• Support day-to-day accounting and controlling
• Review and track incoming invoices, reimbursement of cash expenditures and create payments in online banking
• Monitor incoming and outgoing payments including daily bank account reconciliation for ISWA and ISWA GmbH bank accounts
• Preparing monthly accounting binders for external consultants and reconciling all bank transactions with the proper documentation
• Reviewing monthly accounting and financial statements prepared by external consultants and resolving any issues
• Manage outsourced accounting functions (monthly financial booking/payroll)
• Track execution of the budget, report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
• Prepare financial reports and budget projections for quarterly Board Meeting and ad hoc requests
• Support yearend close and annual reporting including reviewing accrual balances, researching/resolving any variances and reviewing all accounts
• Supporting Internal and External Audits for ISWA and ISWA GmbH
• Providing support and assistance to members especially regarding payments
• Communicating courteously with member by telephone, email and in person
• Investigating and solving members’ problems
• Handling member complaints or any major finance related incidents
• Analysing statistics or other member data
• Tracking all member payments and providing necessary reporting for Board Meetings and General Assembly voting
Additional Details and Salary
€32.000 open to negotiation per qualification and experience.
ISWA GENERAL SECRETARIAT
This is a full-time position for 40 hours per week. The job position will initially be based on a 12 month contract.
The position will begin in January 2018 (early start is possible).
If you are interested in this position, please send your application letter and CV (with a profile photo) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 02 December 2018.
• University degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent training
• Minimum 4 years of practical experience working in similar position, in an international environment
• Excellent command of English
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Word, -Excel, -Power Point) required
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, being able to work with a large amount of financial data and to present findings in a user-friendly way
• Excellent communication skills, especially when working with different stakeholders within an international environment
• Proactive, independent and self-motivating personality
• Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload
Apply for Financial Manager
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.