EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency - monitoring the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Working for EUMETSAT, you can make a world of difference and be a part of something that makes a positive impact on society. You will be at the cutting edge of satellite technology, with a meaningful role in an organisation focused on space-based observations of the Earth’s weather and climate.
We are looking for an experienced Ground Station Systems Engineer to support the development and / or upgrade of local and remote ground stations (Svalbard / Azores / Romania / Turkey / Italy).
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the specification and requirements definition activities;
- Contribute to procurement and follow-up the contractor´s development activities;
- Follow-up the Assembly, Integration and Tests of new ground stations procured from industry, and lead on site acceptance testing;
- Lead the definition, execution and evaluation of tests for upgrades or refurbishment of ground stations;
- Define and validate, with ground segment, system development and operations preparation teams, an adequate transition plan from ground station acceptance to entry into operations, including contributions to relevant ground segment and system Integration Verification and Validation tests;
- Lead the definition and control the implementation of integrated maintenance plans for ground stations;
- Support the Ground Stations Competence Area Manager in defining long term plans and roadmaps to harmonise Ground Station engineering, maintenance and evolutions across all EUMETSAT satellite systems (including associated processes).
What we offer
- Excellent salary, of up to Euro 5787 monthly NET (after income tax) based on skills and experience
- Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave
- Full medical coverage for employee and family
- Attractive pension
- 30 days of annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
- Training and development support
- Relocation allowance and support (if applicable)
A University degree or equivalent professional experience in a relevant subject.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in ground stations engineering following well established system engineering processes covering the full development lifecycle, and relevant technical standards (e.g. ECSS, CCSDS);
- Competence and in-field proven experience in the area of Ground Stations Assembly Integration and Test and integration of ground stations into ground segment and end-to-end satellite systems;
- Experience in ground stations maintenance;
- Understanding and experience in the management of industrial contracts in the area of ground stations engineering or development will be considered an advantage.
More about us
EUMETSAT’s role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT can recruit nationals only from the 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom).