EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency, operating satellites that monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Working as part of a multinational team of professionals at the cutting edge of satellite technology, the HRBP ensures the delivery of harmonised HR services, processes and advice to the managers and staff in of all EUMETSAT departments, and provides generalist support management of HR projects, formulation of HR policies and involvement with cross-organisational HR issues. Reporting to the HR BP Team Leader, the Human Resources Business Partner will initially be responsible for support to the technical department.
- Act as an HR focal point for the management and team leaders within assigned department(s) on all local HR matters, identifying opportunities for improvement, providing creative solutions and assisting with change management and organisational development initiatives;
- Support the end-to-end recruitment process for assigned staff vacancies, including acting as Secretary to Interview Boards;
- Departmental implementation of key HR processes e.g. learning and development, working-time management, skills assessment, succession/competency planning, performance management, and reward/promotion;
- Provide HR advice to EUMETSAT staff members on training and development, Staff Rules matters, conflict/mediation, etc.;
- Support the HR BP team leader in ensuring consistency, harmonisation and improvement of the HR BP function, based on lessons learnt across all departments;
- Manage or support the management of HR projects;
- Contribute to the formulation and improvements of EUMETSAT’s HR policies, Staff Rules and lower level instructions.
- Excellent salary, of up to Euro 6,500/monthly NET (after income tax) based on skills and experience
- Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave
- Full medical coverage for employee and family
- Attractive pension
- 30 days annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
- Training and development support
- Relocation allowance (if applicable)
Skills and experience
- Relevant professional experience ideally working as an HR Business Partner / or in a generalist HR role, with the proven ability to analyse HR problems and diagnose practical solutions in a business context, preferably in a scientific and technical environment;
- Proven end to end project management skills (the ability to define goals, organise resources, plan, negotiate, consolidate and deliver change projects);
- Experience of managing, monitoring and controlling staff related contractual and legal processes and/or dispute resolution procedures;
- Confidence and ability to engage, communicate and build relationships at all levels within an organisation;
- Excellent report writing skills including minute writing and drafting of policy and instructions, combined with the experience of presenting such material to diverse audiences;
- Good experience of using HR information technology (e.g. SAP HR module, or an applicant/employment management system) as well as strong knowledge of the Microsoft office suite (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Experience of working in an international/multi-cultural environment would be advantageous.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment for men and women. Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited based on their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)