A Senior Software Engineer (PHP) is going to be an integral part of one of MessageBird's product-engineering crews. You are responsible for...
A Senior Software Engineer (PHP) is going to be an integral part of one of MessageBird's product-engineering crews. You are responsible for developing, designing, maintaining and supporting MessageBird's communication products, and mentoring and educating your squad members.
MessageBird's customers are able to send out tons of SMS messages per day thanks to MessageBird's products; place voice calls via our REST API; gain real time insights using our Dashboard and reach out to their consumers via IM platforms like WhatsApp.
MessageBird engineers reliable services, that process millions of sms, voice and chat traffic, are secure and deployed continuously. You will be responsible for designing and maintaining the software foundation that enables us to be highly-available, highly transactional, and ship fast & often.
MessageBird's product-engineering teams have the freedom, end-to-end responsibility and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external customers. MessageBird operates using an agile development methodology, deploying code multiple times per day while always making sure that our applications are rigorously automatically tested and statically analyzed.
In return, you’ll get access to one of the most open, fun, and ambitious groups of people working all around the world. We push each other to be our ultimate best, and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy about getting out of bed to come and work every morning.
- Help build and design a scalable, performant and fault-tolerant communication platform
- Work with other engineers on the team in order to solve difficult but exciting system design and implementation problems
- Refactor legacy parts of the system to sustain team and company growth
- Work with and enable engineers on other teams that interact with the platform
- Teach others: One of the most essential tasks of a senior engineer is team members' knowledge level improvement
- Proactive attitude
- Able and willing to teach others and help them grow
- In-depth knowledge of software design
- Experience with refactoring legacy systems
- Experience with test-driven development
- Grasp of high-availability infrastructure concepts
- Experience with Domain Driven Design (bonus)
- Experience with high traffic systems (bonus)
- In-depth knowledge of MySQL (bonus)
- Experience with Docker, Containers and K8S (bonus)
- Experience with Symfony framework/components or Yii2 Framework (bonus)
What we offer
- Top-notch work equipment (MacBook, Large screen, Bose headphones, etc.)
- MessageBird is a team of foodies, so every single day, lunch is on us. Better said, our private chefs are serving great food all day long!
- Friday after-work drinks at the office
- MessageBird swag to keep you looking fresh in summer and feeling warm in winter
- Weekly kickboxing classes on our rooftop - yoga upcoming
- The occasional company-wide gathering and team outings (dinners, paintball, bubble ball, LAN gaming, movie nights, etc.)
- A swanky new, spacious office with a ping pong table, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega and PS4
- Forward thinking, talented and fun bunch of colleagues, hailing from more than 30 countries!