DBRS is seeking a Vice President, Human Resources responsible for HR initiatives and practices across our European operations. This position will be located in Frankfurt and report into the Head of Global Human Resources. The role will be a part of our Global Human Resource team and work to ensure that European practices and policies align with and support our European business and Global HR initiatives.
The Vice President, Human Resources will have a strong knowledge of German and Spanish labour laws and will provide day to day oversite of HR activities in our European offices relating to benefits, compensation, employee performance and development and employee relations while acting as a strategic partner with managers. This role will work closely with the Global Talent Acquisition team and the Global Learning and Development team to implement Global initiatives aimed at attracting and growing top talent.
- Consult with HR, Regional and Department Leaders to align regional HR initiatives with the overall HR and business strategy.
- Develop, manage and leverage strong relationships with managers to build credibility and develop strategic partnerships.
- Work closely with managers to provide best advice and coaching on all HR related matters.
- Manage and work closely with the AVP, HR associate overseeing London operations.
HR Policies and Procedures
- Create and maintain HR policies and procedures that comply with regional legislation across all European operations and align with Global practices.
- Stay aware and knowledgeable of changes in legislation, HR best practices and the potential impact changes may have to current policies and practices in Europe.
HR Operations & Administration
- Work closely with the Global HR team to roll out Global HR initiatives at a regional level.
- Responsible for the administration off all HR operations at a local level ie. benefits, compensation, performance management, onboarding etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of employee documents and files; including new employee documentation and the maintenance of the HCM system (Workday).
- Oversee and coordinate the onboarding process for all European new hires.
- Review, monitor and assess local benefits offerings to ensure robust and cost-effective coverage.
- Be a point of contact for employee questions and concerns related to all HR practices.
- Work closely with the Payroll department to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of each pay run.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 + years’ experience working in a generalist role within an International company
- Extensive experience with German and Spanish labour laws
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English and German. Spanish language skills are considered an asset.
- 4+ years of management experience
- Ability to build strong working relationships throughout the organization
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience with Workday is an asset
DBRS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and that a reasonable accommodation is provided. When your interview is being scheduled, please advise us of how we might be able to support your participation.