The University seeks to recruit an outstanding, well- qualified, experienced and dynamic scholar and academic leader who will be responsible in providing leadership to the Emalus Campus in Vanuatu.
The USP is a regional university, supported by 12 Pacific Island Countries. The University seeks to recruit an outstanding, well- qualified, experienced and dynamic scholar and academic leader who will be responsible in providing leadership to the Emalus Campus in Vanuatu. The Campus includes Faculties of Arts, Law and Education, Science, Technology and Environment, and Business and Economics.
The Pro Vice Chancellor (PVC) is a new position. It requires someone who will provide both academic and administrative leadership and represent the Vice-Chancellor as the University’s representative in liaising with the Government of Vanuatu and key stakeholders. This is a unique opportunity to successfully combine the two roles to drive organisational results in line with the University’s strategic goals.
The Pro Vice Chancellor will be responsible to:
- Coordinate and prepare the campus academic plan in line with the University’s Strategic Plan
- Oversee the Campus Academic Plan, programmes and courses optimising access to flexible learning
- Promote and articulate the University’s Vision and Mission, with ethical leadership and transparency
- Represent the campus and university to the stakeholders
- Coordinate an environment conducive to promoting academic excellence
- Ensure the formulation of key performance indicators for academic programmes
- Ensure full engagement working with the government to identify research and development needs, including securing external research funding
- Work with faculties, supporting accreditation for all programmes offered at the Campus.
The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: The University will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful applicant.
The University also contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, and provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Mr. Dhiraj Bhartu, Interim Director Human Resources; tel.: (679) 32 32575; email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 15 October 2017
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD in Law and significant teaching and research accomplishments to support a professorial appointment at a level commensurate with the role of Pro Vice-Chancellor.
The successful applicant will also demonstrate:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of project, budget and financial management
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Experience of flexible learning and innovative pedagogies
- A demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of staff hiring procedures; ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements